Thursday 4th Apr 2019
– Thursday 25th Apr 2019
See event listing
Put on by Northwest Film Forum
Cadence: Video Poetry Festival, presented by Northwest Film Forum, programmed in collaboration with Seattle author Chelsea Werner-Jatzke, is a series of screenings, workshops, and discussions on the genre of video poetry, throughout National Poetry Month. Entering its second year, Cadence is growing considerably to fill a gap in the presentation of video poetry in the Pacific Northwest. Featuring four screenings, one each Thursday of the month, the festival’s inaugural Artist-in-Residence, generative workshops for youth and adults, and a juried selection of open submissions, Cadence fosters critical and creative growth around the oft overlooked medium of video poetry.
• Cadence Artist in Residence Catherine Bresner’s work will be on view in the Video Art Gallery in NWFF’s lobby throughout the month.
• An exquisite corpse poem generated during the 2018 Airstream Poetry Festival will be translated into video by artist Shaun Kardinal and shared over Instagram stories throughout the month.
• April 6 – 11:00am-5:00pm: The Image Speaks video poetry workshop for adults ages 16+, led by Amaranth Borsuk.
• April 13 – 11:00am – 4:00pm: Making Video Poetry workshop for youth ages 13-18, led by Catherine Bresner.
• April 25 – 7:00pm: Video poetry outcomes from the generative workshops will be screened alongside the winning submissions.